Current Weather @ 03:41 AM Clear skies Temp 41.1º Humidity 49% Winds S 0.0mph Max Gust 5.0mph
Todays Extremes High 48.1º Low 41.1º Rain 0.00" Rain Rate 0.000" per hr Snow 0.00" Season 0"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)
None at this time
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
ROADS AND TRAFFIC
Updated: 03:00 AM v2.1
Big Bear to Highland (330): 41 mins  
Highland to Big Bear (330): 42 mins  
Big Bear to Redlands  (38): 59 mins  
Redlands to Big Bear  (38): 65 mins  
Big Bear to Lucerne    (18): 34 mins  
Lucerne to Big Bear    (18): 34 mins  
=Light  =Moderate  =Heavy Traffic
Road Conditions Page: Click Here
Guests: 304, Members: 2 ...
NShore.Allen
Dreamweaver

most ever online: 1740
(Members: 37, Guests: 1703) on Feb 22 : 08:23am

Members: 5585
Newest member: wchundak
SUPPORT SCM!
Support SCM by making a single or recurring donation.

Member's Birthdays:
Happy Birthday to:

Birthday Cake
PAV

Upcoming Birthdays:
Aug 21 TonkaTruk
Aug 22 special K
Aug 22 bbscouts
Aug 24 bigbehr
Aug 24 Old Camper
Aug 24 TheWhale
Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: GENERAL DISCUSSION
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Sears, K-Mart, and now Lowes

Go to page   <<      
Author Post
cricket
Wed Nov 21 2018, 09:19PM

Registered Member #39
:
Sears holdings owns the property where Kmart is. The whole shebang

Summer will be here soon!
Jellylorum
Wed Nov 28 2018, 08:53AM

Registered Member #2069
:
The Grizzly is reporting that the local KMart is up for auction in January. Whatever the winner opts to do, is up to them. It could remain a KMart, or not.

Delj
Sun Jan 06 2019, 03:55PM
Registered Member #905
:
Down to the wire!
Sears Holdings Corp. is preparing to potentially wind down the iconic retailer after Chairman Eddie Lampert’s bid to buy several hundred stores out of bankruptcy fell short of bankers’ qualifications. While Lampert’s ESL Investments has failed to convince the bankers of the viability of its bid, it could still make last-minute improvements before a status hearing on Tuesday. Lampert also has outlined a back-up plan in which ESL would pursue the purchase of some of Sears’s parts, including real estate and intellectual property, such as its brand.

To every man is given the key to the gates of heaven; the same key opens the gates of hell.
skypros
Tue Jan 08 2019, 08:05AM

skypros
Registered Member #49
:
Looks like Kmart will now Liquidate....
There were 3 places that I shopped while I lived in Big Bear.... Butchers Block, Stater Bros & Kmart.
I remember when I first moved there in 1999..... Kmart had a nice selection of plants / yard decor. They had 1/2 oak barrels for 1/2 the cost of anybody and their plants were really inexpensive.
I really liked the BB Kmart !!
I hope somehow the doors will stay open with another "discount" retailer.... And hopefully they will include a very good selection of food.
In Huntington Beach, I remember when they built the Kmart.... and it was my go to store for all my childhood (that and whitefront and fedco). That Kmart was demolished and a Home Depot is now there.
R-I-P Kmart

is the sky the limit ?
NShore.Allen
Tue Jan 08 2019, 09:03AM

wanna be UTH
Registered Member #4616
:
here's the technical information on the bankruptcy and liquidation

[Click Here]

A smile is a curve that can set things a lot of things straight
MrOwl
Tue Jan 08 2019, 09:16AM

Registered Member #13568
:
Will JC Penney survive?

----------------------------
Meridian Idaho Weather

[Click Here]

McCall Idaho Weather

[Click Here]
Delj
Tue Jan 08 2019, 10:27AM
Registered Member #905
:
Sears Holdings will ask a bankruptcy judge today if it can proceed with liquidation after it could not reach an agreement on chairman Edward Lampert's $4.4 billion takeover bid, people familiar with the matter said, potentially spelling the end for the 126-year-old U.S. department store chain.

To every man is given the key to the gates of heaven; the same key opens the gates of hell.
Socalman
Sat Jan 12 2019, 07:13AM

Socalman
Registered Member #228
:
Once again, I hope the K-Mart could become a Target.
Go to page   <<      

Moderators: Craig ⭐, ©ammy ⭐, Lumber Jill ⭐, Mtngoat John⭐, Deb Doodah⭐, SCM ALERT🚨, Benny ⭐, Socalmountains Admin, ⚡WX ALERT⚡

Jump:     Back to top