Current Weather @ 10:59 AM Clear skies Temp 69.4º Humidity 14% Winds ENE 3.0mph Max Gust 11.5mph
Todays Extremes High 69.4º Low 28.6º Rain 0.00" Rain Rate 0.000" per hr Snow 0.00" Season 93"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)

(Click alert for more info)
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
ROADS AND TRAFFIC
Updated: 11:00 AM v2.5
Run Spr to Highland  (330): CLOSED   
Highland to Run Spr  (330): CLOSED   
Big Bear to Run Spr    (18): 21 mins  
Run Spr to Big Bear    (18): 21 mins  
Big Bear to Redlands  (38): 67 mins  
Redlands to Big Bear  (38): 72 mins  
Big Bear to Lucerne    (18): 36 mins  
Lucerne to Big Bear    (18): 38 mins  
=Light  =Moderate  =Heavy Traffic
Road Conditions Page: Click Here
Guests: 434, Members: 2 ...
Van
MtnBluebird

most ever online: 2417
(Members: 45, Guests: 2372) on Jul 03 : 04:58pm

Members: 6831
Newest member: JessieOutdoors
SUPPORT SCM!
Support SCM by making a single or recurring donation.

Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: FIRE DISCUSSION
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Interesting photo shots of fire burn areas

Go to page       >>  
Author Post
AudioGuy
Sat Sep 05 2020, 09:47AM Email Thread Print View
Registered Member #156367
:
Thought I'd post a few shots of the aerial views of the aftermath of some of the recent big-headline fire areas.
Something is not right...
Click on the photos with the mouse and drag 360 degrees. Look at the structures, then look at the trees.

[Click Here]

[Click Here]

These are supposed to be of Paradise.
The news media called it a wildfire. But that doesn't seem to be consistent with the photos.

There is MUCH more photographic evidence people have posted on the internet to show that many of the California "wildfires" are very suspect... and Paradise isn't the only one...

[Click Here]

If you spend enough time looking at the photo/video evidence of the abnormalities, you're going to want answers from someplace other than the news media...

This thread ought to be fun.

Always looking for microphones, vacuum tubes, music production and recording equipment, old broadcasting equipment, electronic test equipment, large vintage speakers, vintage stereo/audio equipment, and stuff like that...
Socalman
Sun Sep 06 2020, 04:54PM

Socalman
Registered Member #228
:
I will say they photos are interesting. I am not a fire expert, nor am I a forensic investigator. I can tell you that around 1980 the Bradbury fire burned all around my area. I spent a couple of hours on my roof putting out hotspots. About 5:00 am as things settled down I went 2 blocks over from my home. I saw some of the same types of things as in the pics you posted. Later I went up on Duarte Mesa and saw many homes totally destroyed with one right in the middle that did not even appear touch. Some trees and other foliage looked the same. Fire can do weird things.
AudioGuy
Sun Sep 06 2020, 05:40PM
:
Wow, only one person looked at the links posted and commented so far?

Have you seen the aerials of Paradise? It was just structures and cars that burned, NOT the forest! And the news said it was a wildfire that swept across the town. NO WAY was it a wildfire.

Unfortunately, things like this (and other weirdness) is starting to become very commonplace... things like:
--only structures and cars burn, with all the surrounding trees having not been burnt at all
--cars on pavement being burnt so hot that aluminum melted and ran down the road, even the glass melted out of the window and laying across the steering wheel, YET all trees visible in the photos are completely untouched
--many farmhouses/structures burned in rural areas, but no trace of fire anywhere in the surrounding fields
--perfectly straight burn lines (structures "sawn" in half, or perfectly straight burn lines across fields
--trees that burned from the inside out, with some having been left an empty shell of bark that isn't burnt on the outside

...and more weirdness that makes zero sense with normal fires

And these are being reported in the news as "wildfires"...

If something like this happened one time, I'd say fire can do weird things. But this stuff is become very, very commonplace (photos all over the internet, fire captains reporting weird stuff they never saw before, etc.)

Something else seems to be going on... and it isn't limited to California, either. There's been very strange photos of fire aftermaths in Greece, Portugal, and more.... real weird stuff...

Always looking for microphones, vacuum tubes, music production and recording equipment, old broadcasting equipment, electronic test equipment, large vintage speakers, vintage stereo/audio equipment, and stuff like that...
springvalley
Sun Sep 06 2020, 05:48PM
Registered Member #14756
:
I don't see anything there that is much out of the ordinary. The 1980 Panorama fire did the same thing when it got to the bottom of the hill. And the fire near the 210 and 5 interchange (I forget the year) left a couple of homes standing in a trailer park that looked like an atom bomb went off in the rest of them. The 2007 slide fire hopscotched thru Running Springs and did very similar damage near wilderness and highway 18. I remember walking afterwards - and stood dumbstruck when one of the houses missed - had a shake shingle roof - and it was coated on top with pine needles. We even found some spotting fires that started over by Panorama that grew to the size of a washtub and then - apparently they blew out in the extraordinary winds around the fire front. Just blew out like a match, before they could get any momentum.
AudioGuy
Mon Sep 07 2020, 11:05AM
:
No comments on the fact that only the structures burned, and none of the immediate forest/trees surrounding them were burned? Take a look at those 360-degree shots again! (move your mouse for the 360* view).

THAT seems really weird. Weirder than that is that this is starting to become commonplace...

And the news reports these as "wildfires", when it seems quite apparent that isn't what happened. Look at that third link I had posted for another example. Structures burned, trees left alone.

To be fair, I do see some trees that got burned a little... but only a little bit? Why weren't they burned down much more than that, when the structures were completely obliterated? Is that normal?

Just Thinkin'
Mon Sep 07 2020, 11:22AM
Registered Member #11633
:
Hi AudioGuy. The "Reply" box didn't appear until later in the day of your original post.

Yes, I certainly find it odd that the trees surrounding the park were lightly burned (if at all). Could you share links to more fires with similar mysteries? If this proves to be a pattern statewide, it might warrant deeper inquiry.

I'd particularly like to see aerial images of the Santa Rosa area fire a few years ago. I'd heard rumors that the Sonoma County fires (along with those in Napa and Mendocino Counties) were intentionally started by Mexican marijuana importers who set fire to domestic cannabis farms as revenge for cutting into Mexico's "market share." And unfortunately, the winds were so fierce that they carried embers into residential neighborhoods.

Soon after those initial reports, I heard nothing more. Well, I'd sure like to know more!
AudioGuy
Mon Sep 07 2020, 11:29AM
:
Your last comment is an interesting angle I hadn't heard about.

I'll try to get more pics up. There's a lot of weird stuff coming out about a lot of the more recent fires. Mostly NorCal stuff that has the weirdness, but there's a lot of strange stuff going on. I'll see what I can put up in the way of aftermath shots, the kind that never make it to the news...

Just Thinkin'
Mon Sep 07 2020, 11:30AM
Registered Member #11633
:
NorCal has the majority of marijuana grows. Coincidence or not??
wisteria1
Mon Sep 07 2020, 12:14PM
Registered Member #13362
:
[Click Here]

The Camp fire burned homes but left trees standing. The science behind the fire’s path

Reporting from Paradise, Calif. —

Driving toward Paradise on the afternoon of Nov. 8, Jonathan Pangburn was less worried about the flames burning through the forest than he was about the smoke. Black and thick, it billowed over the road like a dangerous fog, cutting visibility to less than three feet in places.

A member of the incident management team with the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, Pangburn knew the signs. Gray smoke meant vegetation. Black smoke meant homes, possibly entire city blocks. The Camp fire was no longer just a wildland fire.

“It was an urban conflagration,” Pangburn said. “It was structure-to-structure-to-structure ignition that carried the fire through this community.”

Located in the Sierra foothills at an elevation that favored Ponderosa pines, Paradise might have seemed susceptible to the ravages of a forest fire. But what Pangburn realized is that the Camp fire had changed its character upon entering the town — and in that revelation lay the hope for preventing tragedies such as this from happening again.

Fires that spread from house to house generate a force of their own. Embers, broadcast by the wind, find dry leaves, igniting one structure then another, and the cycle is perpetuated block after block. Break that cycle and the fire quits, and destruction can be minimized.

Paradise, though, never had that chance. Defensible space and hardened structures could not have kept the firestorm, carried on gusts clocking in the low 50s and feeding on the homes and low-lying vegetation, from reducing the town to ash.

Most telling were the trees. Most of the pines that sheltered this community still had their canopies intact. The needles, yellowed from the intense heat, were not burned — evidence that the winds that morning had pushed the fire along so fast it never had a chance to rise into the trees. But as a surface fire, it lit up the homes that lay in its path.

I could post 20 other articles from all manner of experts that say basically the same thing and added info about the fire-resistant properties of certain types of native trees. You can google "Paradise fire why did the trees not burn?" for more info.
Not Kidding
Mon Sep 07 2020, 01:11PM

Registered Member #159755
:
AudioGuy wrote ...

No comments on the fact that only the structures burned, and none of the immediate forest/trees surrounding them were burned? Take a look at those 360-degree shots again! (move your mouse for the 360* view).

THAT seems really weird. Weirder than that is that this is starting to become commonplace...

And the news reports these as "wildfires", when it seems quite apparent that isn't what happened. Look at that third link I had posted for another example. Structures burned, trees left alone.

To be fair, I do see some trees that got burned a little... but only a little bit? Why weren't they burned down much more than that, when the structures were completely obliterated? Is that normal?

Audio Guy, might you be inferring fires started by DEW? You are right about Agenda 21, Agenda 2030, etc. When the homes are destroyed, Agenda 21, a product of the United Nations, which has been adopted by many cities and municipalities, prohibits the rebuilding of single family dwellings in suburban areas. Also the banning of fireplaces in California is another casualty directly attributed to Agenda 21 ideology. Regarding Santa Rosa and Napa areas, I can kind of see the thinking behind the cartels wanting to destroy their competitors' marijuana growing operations by setting everything on fire, but that doesn't really explain the bizarre nature of the fires and the way they have burned.

You can't make this stuff up
Go to page       >>  

Moderators: Craig ⭐, ©ammy ⭐, Lumber Jill ⭐, Mtngoat John⭐, Deb Doodah⭐, SCM ALERT🚨, Benny ⭐, Socalmountains Admin, ⚡WX ALERT⚡

Jump:     Back to top