Current Weather @ 04:10 AM Clear skies Temp 59.5º Humidity 29% Winds SW 0.0mph Max Gust 6.0mph
Todays Extremes High 59.5º Low 48.6º Rain 0.00" Rain Rate 0.000" per hr Snow 0.00" Season 93"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)
None at this time
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
ROADS AND TRAFFIC
Updated: 04:00 AM v2.5
Run Spr to Highland  (330): 20 mins  
Highland to Run Spr  (330): 23 mins  
Big Bear to Run Spr    (18): 20 mins  
Run Spr to Big Bear    (18): 21 mins  
Big Bear to Redlands  (38): CLOSED   
Redlands to Big Bear  (38): CLOSED   
Big Bear to Lucerne    (18): 34 mins  
Lucerne to Big Bear    (18): 34 mins  
=Light  =Moderate  =Heavy Traffic
Road Conditions Page: Click Here
Guests: 410, Members: 6 ...
buggzzee
cricket
Sportyj
moco
lunchlady
MtMan

most ever online: 2417
(Members: 45, Guests: 2372) on Jul 03 : 04:58pm

Members: 6738
Newest member: carolina1026
SUPPORT SCM!
Support SCM by making a single or recurring donation.

Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: WEATHER DISCUSSION
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

@BENSWEATHER:
RT @NWSSANDIEGO: THE THREAT OF THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE HIGHER ON

Author Post
SCM ALERT🚨
Fri Aug 14 2020, 10:57PM Email Thread Print View

Automated Alert Robot

:
@BensWeather:
RT @NWSSanDiego: The threat of thunderstorms will be higher on Saturday (PM) for the #SoCal mountains as well as portions of the deserts. Look for possible cloud-ground lightning strikes, gusty winds (blowing dust possible) and brief downpours with these storms. #CAwx [Click Here]

==============
SCM Automated Alerts
v3.0 2-2020 AI Provided by Amazon Web Services
-------------------------- -----------------------------------
Follow the Latest Real-time Information on SCM
Twitter: @bigbearscanner
Facebook: Socalmountains.com
YouTube (Link): [Click Here]
---------------------------------- -
SCM COMMUNITY OF SITES:
socalmountains.com
bigbearscanner. com
bensweather.com
palmspringscann er.com
deserttechservices.com
rimtr affic.com

Moderators: Craig ⭐, ©ammy ⭐, Lumber Jill ⭐, Mtngoat John⭐, Deb Doodah⭐, SCM ALERT🚨, Benny ⭐, Socalmountains Admin, ⚡WX ALERT⚡

Jump:     Back to top

Powered by e107 Forum System
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

moco
Sep 18 : 04:11am
Awful news. I hope they charge the gender reveal people with manslaughter.

Sportyj
Sep 18 : 03:59am
KTLA is confirming the death of the missing firefighter. Oh my God...this is beyond awful.

KrazyKristin
Sep 18 : 03:18am
Awake due to the deafening silence of complete darkness and an empty town and excruciating foot pain. Here's a fun power outage tip for y'all - Ben&Jerry's ice cream can melt and still refreeze and be edible. So far no other brands have passed the test.

HellOn2Heels
Sep 18 : 02:07am
SilentSky, I agree with you. It's one thing to report facts as someone who's an actual media rep, but it's another to insert personal opinion when you're streaming video under the guise of being "media".

I'm sure a nasty retort is coming. Wait for it...

SCM ALERT🚨
Sep 18 : 01:32am
[INCIDENT DISPATCH]
ASLT - ASSA /ASSAULT IN BIG BEAR LAKE - BIG BEAR BLVD BIG BEAR LAKE
MORE DETAILS: [Click Here]

SCM ALERT🚨
Sep 18 : 01:22am
[INCIDENT UPDATE]
VEGETATION FIRE in YUCAIPA
Air Attack Is Back Over The Fire And Will Be On Station Here For The Next Hour Or So. Ground Crews Continue To Make Great Progress On Any Spot Fires That Pop Up. Thank You Firefighters!
Map, Photos, More Info: [Click Here]

SCM ALERT🚨
Sep 18 : 12:47am
Jeff, I didn't know you were Spectre here on SCM. I have always loved your coverage and the videos from the scene today were very eye-opening. Stay safe and I hope you are well! -Craig

Benny ⭐
Sep 18 : 12:44am
Great vids Jeff, thx for those. Be safe out there!

MountainGiant
Sep 18 : 12:32am
Hey Jeff. I just wanted to say I enjoy your videos.Keep up the good work and be safe!

spectr17
Sep 18 : 12:16am
Im JEff James, i run the Redlands Buzz feed. Been following fires for about 40 years. Worked comms for military and FD and PD for years. I know a little about whats going on and i listen to the same scanners you folks are listening. I was also round FD people with their radios going and talking to them and will lester, the OC register reporter. I jsut got a twitter of fire jumping dozer lines and imoacting homes around pinezanita and 7 oaks. For a llong time FD was putting out fire was not on north side of hwy 38 and then released a map showing it was.

I dont know SilentSkys background, but it appears they are the armchair QB and random guy.

Ive been on here for a long time, not active until big events usually. And as someone mentioned, you can always turn the vol down instead of whining on here.

lunchlady
Sep 18 : 12:12am
Any word on the missing firefighter? Prayers going up

yesstiles
Sep 18 : 12:06am
The fire can now be seen from town in Fawnskin

SilentSky
Sep 17 : 11:54pm
The end of Part 6 gives a very good perspective of what the fire looks like near AO & what our firefighters are dealing with.

At one point, while he is sitting along the side of the road, the search helicopter that is looking for the missing firefighter goes over.

Again, he makes some erroneous statements about the fire’s activity, where rumors can be started and spread. He even makes a statement near the end how he thinks, “...they would be evacuating Big Bear.

NOOOOOO - HE IS SO WRONG MAKING A STATEMENT LIKE THAT!!!

I stopped watching it there since it was almost over...

Anyway, this could be a source of misinformation.

Dan B
Sep 17 : 11:43pm
If you want to get the most out of the Redlands Buzz videos, watch on mute. Footage is good, commentary is clueless.

SCM ALERT🚨
Sep 17 : 11:33pm
Thank you for sharing those links SilentSky!

Latest Forum Posts
Posted by SCM ALERT🚨 in WEATHER DISCUSSION
@BensWeather:RT @SBCSDrcollins: Big Bear Station deputies are patrolling Highway (Sep 17 : 11:56pm)

Posted by SCM ALERT🚨 in NEWS
@RivCoReady: #SnowFire UPDATE — At 12 midnight @SoCal_RedCross staff at the Temp (Sep 17 : 11:52pm)

@RivCoReady: An interactive map is available for residents impacted by the #Snow (Sep 17 : 08:52pm)

Posted by Mtngoat John⭐ in FIRE DISCUSSION
(Sep 17 : 08:00pm)

@BensWeather:RT @sbcountysheriff: #BOBCATFIRE Effective immediately - Evacuation (Sep 17 : 07:57pm)

@BensWeather:Air Attack reporting everything is looking good and holding at this (Sep 17 : 07:57pm)

Posted by Mtngoat John⭐ in FIRE DISCUSSION
(Sep 17 : 07:54pm)

@RivCoReady: ALERT RIVCO — #SnowFire (unincorporated Palm Springs/Cabazon area) (Sep 17 : 07:52pm)

(C)2002-2020 Socalmountains.com
All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy Terms of Service
Contact Us

{THEMEDISCLAIMER}