Current Weather @ 7:16 PM Clear skies Temp 76.1º Humidity 33% Winds NW 2.0mph Max Gust 14.0mph
Todays Extremes High 81.3º Low 55.4º Rain 0.00" Rain Rate 0.000" per hr Snow 0.00" Season 93"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)

(Click alert for more info)
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
ROADS AND TRAFFIC
Updated: 07:00 PM v2.5
Run Spr to Highland  (330): 22 mins  
Highland to Run Spr  (330): 24 mins  
Big Bear to Run Spr    (18): 22 mins  
Run Spr to Big Bear    (18): 21 mins  
Big Bear to Redlands  (38): 64 mins  
Redlands to Big Bear  (38): 64 mins  
Big Bear to Lucerne    (18): 33 mins  
Lucerne to Big Bear    (18): 34 mins  
=Light  =Moderate  =Heavy Traffic
Road Conditions Page: Click Here
Guests: 523, Members: 7 ...
Lostinbigbear
COLDMIZER
Tman
Polar 馃寣rbit
seal20

most ever online: 2417
(Members: 45, Guests: 2372) on Jul 03 : 04:58pm

Members: 6313
Newest member: AudioGuy
SUPPORT SCM!
Support SCM by making a single or recurring donation.

Member's Birthdays:
Happy Birthday to:

Birthday Cake
mbear

Upcoming Birthdays:
Aug 14 alohakatiejo
Aug 14 Mozee
Aug 15 ff's mom
Aug 15 WyoDane
Aug 15 MountainBar
Aug 17 IT_Dude
Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: GENERAL DISCUSSION
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

virus pandemonia

Go to page   <<        >>  
Author Post
ButlerPeakFire
Thu Jul 09 2020, 01:59PM

Lake Arrowhead
Registered Member #13200
:
Cornbread wrote ...

MtMan wrote ...

Skyline, yes, the Wuhan flu only affects gatherings where Trump is involved and magically skips over any leftist gatherings. It's amazing.

It is a very smart virus. You can't get it at Walmart, Home Depot and the grocery stores, but they know you will get it if you wait in line to vote in Nov.

And the only time you can get it protesting is when you are protesting the shutdown. BLM protests are immune to this virus....

doo路hick路ey
Thu Jul 09 2020, 03:47PM

Registered Member #13841
:
The previous few posts are a stretch for being witty. Touch political and silly.

This wet fart comparison intrigues me. Let's take one sitting upon my face, bare bottomed: If I had the choice of wearing a mask or not, while the expelling was performed, be it wet or not, I'd put the mask on.

Now let's explore the chain link/mosquito comparison: It is already established the virus is transmitted via airborne and uses a vehicle. It is not as simple as the virus having a straight path out. Oxygen is only 2 atoms, the virus is 1000s of atoms in size. The virus has sticky appendages to attach to larger surfaces, it does not discriminate. Now take that mosquito (which can dodge obstacles at will) and blow some bubbles (breath moisture, sneeze, flem, etc) all around, it has now smacked into a bubble or more, the virus cannot steer away. It has now gotten it's vehicle but in turn, become much larger. The mass has now grown and can be carried much further. That is how some of it gets stuck in the fence. Not all, but some will be trapped. The obstacles have the projectile mass to take it on a ride further. Positive & negative magnetism attraction plays a role also.

A no mask wearer in line before you:
Breath, etc upon the keypad. You touch to checkout. Instinctly you have an itch and touch your T zone, eyes, nose, mouth. Direct infection occurs. Less so, if both subjects don'd a mask.

I'd rather have some protection than none at all.

Masks are here for good, suck it up. Next season's flu numbers will drop dramatically if mask usage is still prevalent.

I've had my avatar since Jan 14 2017, before covid-19!
doo路hick路ey
Thu Jul 09 2020, 04:25PM

Registered Member #13841
:
A 'clean' unplugged mask cannot block oxygen, nor trap carbon dioxide molecules
[Click Here]
Sure limited airflow, being the size of the straw (path/volume) vs force (pressure).
If we are posting the Dental Tribune as a source link, there's a Forbes link.

Jellylorum
Thu Jul 09 2020, 05:05PM

Registered Member #2069
:
Exactly, Doohickey. Many of the virus particles travel inside larger droplets spewed when people sneeze, cough, and talk. They also often clump together or bump into each other while trying to pass through. Many of the larger droplets and clumps cannot make it through the mask.

Thus a face covering can reduce the number of virus particles that get far enough to reach another person.
MtMan
Thu Jul 09 2020, 05:06PM

Registered Member #110
:
A mask wearer before you:. Touches their mask and then touches keypad, same damn difference, you touch keypad and voila.....suck that up.

Notice you didn't even touch the subject brought up by the protests..... convenient.

Shut Up and Fish!
doo路hick路ey
Thu Jul 09 2020, 05:22PM

Registered Member #13841
:
No, that portrays a 2nd contact. Hand to mask. You've already lost some in touching another surface. Not direct hand to your actual face.

I started my own subject, relivant to the topic.

Science is our master, not how one would be eluded by TV or social media. That phone in your hand, that rocketship on the moon. Fact. Proven to application. Not 'what' I've read. Sure, the numbers/reportings are skewed.

Your disreguarding the subject matter, is a ploy to distract. Speak on scientific terms.

MtMan
Thu Jul 09 2020, 06:17PM

Registered Member #110
:
Not disregarding any subject at all. Still contact with a surface that "potentially" has the virus, then contact with a surface that the next person may come into contact with it. Real simple, in unscientific terms.

Shut Up and Fish!
SQUATCH
Thu Jul 09 2020, 07:24PM

Registered Member #13843
:
To quote Monte Python: I fart in your general direction!
doo路hick路ey
Thu Jul 09 2020, 07:43PM

Registered Member #13841
:
And now a 3rd contact must be present, after your mask is off your face, you've now lost some more of that virus, sir. Another or yourself would have to touch it again, at the same contact point. Are you going to drive this aspect home? What have you accomplished? Let's take the time span inbetween the touches that have been had. Was it in the sun? Did you wash as you should? Have you proven a mask won't help?

Your concept hasn't procured anything on lifespan to contract, nor the physical areas needed for contraction. I've defined dispersion at each said location and how it could be displaced.

A mask puts forth a barrier. Level up like Mario Bros.

doo路hick路ey
Thu Jul 09 2020, 07:50PM

Registered Member #13841
:
SQUATCH wrote ...

To quote Monte Python: I fart in your general direction!

A needed disruption. Nice!

Go to page   <<        >>  

Moderators: Craig 猸, 漏ammy 猸, Lumber Jill 猸, Mtngoat John猸, Deb Doodah猸, SCM ALERT馃毃, Benny 猸, Socalmountains Admin, 鈿X ALERT鈿

Jump:     Back to top