Current Weather @ 8:16 PM Clear skies Temp 41.6º Humidity 44% Winds W 0.0mph Max Gust 19.6mph
Todays Extremes High 60.2º Low 30.9º Rain 0.00" Rain Rate 0.000" per hr Snow 0.00" Season 0"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)
None at this time
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
ROADS AND TRAFFIC
Updated: 08:00 PM v2.1
Big Bear to Highland (330): 44 mins  
Highland to Big Bear (330): 44 mins  
Big Bear to Redlands  (38): 64 mins  
Redlands to Big Bear  (38): 66 mins  
Big Bear to Lucerne    (18): 33 mins  
Lucerne to Big Bear    (18): 34 mins  
=Light  =Moderate  =Heavy Traffic
Road Conditions Page: Click Here
Guests: 159, Members: 7 ...
Deb Doodah⭐
Charles
bernermom
rsbruce
NShore.Allen

most ever online: 1740
(Members: 37, Guests: 1703) on Feb 22 : 08:23am

Members: 5636
Newest member: Fawn
SUPPORT SCM!
Support SCM by making a single or recurring donation.

Member's Birthdays:

Upcoming Birthdays:
Oct 20 Deb Doodah⭐
Oct 20 SDBeachGyrl
Oct 21 1happygranny
Oct 21 ScottR
Oct 21 Margie
Oct 23 Abner
Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: HAM RADIO / SCANNERS
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

BBARC Repeater Outage

Author Post
Craig ⭐
Sat Jan 19 2019, 05:26PM Email Thread Print View

Total Eclipse 2017 Casper WY

:
FYI - BBARC HAM Repeater Users.
The BBARC repeaters at the top of Bear Peak went down last week during the storm. The club is planning to make a repair trip on Thursday. Backup repeaters until the fix are: 147.225+ 162.2 and 446.400- 162.2

Winter can leave now... Lets try to get above 50 degrees???
-WINGNUT-
Sat Jan 19 2019, 09:11PM

Registered Member #1861
:
I wonder if all the equipment is down. I have a transmitter up there for our airport equipment.
SCM ALERT🚨
Sun Jan 20 2019, 09:22PM

Automated Alert Robot

:
Wingnutty, are you having an issue with your equipment??

==============
SCM Automated Alerts
---------------------------- ---------------------------------
Follow the Latest Incidents:
Twitter: @bigbearscanner
Facebook: Socalmountains.com

Moderators: Craig ⭐, ©ammy ⭐, Lumber Jill ⭐, Mtngoat John⭐, Deb Doodah⭐, SCM ALERT🚨, Benny ⭐, Socalmountains Admin, ⚡WX ALERT⚡

Jump:     Back to top

Powered by e107 Forum System
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Benny ⭐
Oct 18 : 08:01pm
We're not SCE, we're Bear Valley Electric Service (Big Bear Valley). This is the new standard to try and prevent the ignition of wildfires during times of high fire danger.

It's a proactive approach to protect life & property. [Click Here]

Charles
Oct 18 : 07:44pm
0n the Edison outage information web page, I dont see any of our nearby areas currently being considered for wind related shutdowns. Am I wrong.

rsbruce
Oct 18 : 07:29pm
I am a bit concerned that people are "normalizing" the behavior of the power company's potential shutdown of our power by comparing that to TRUE preparedness for disasters! This is a power company created crisis, NOT a natural disaster.

Benny ⭐
Oct 18 : 07:21pm
Remember we went through this same fire drill less than a week ago and power wasn't cut, this will be a weaker Santa Ana event, so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Always be prepared just in case!

Benny ⭐
Oct 18 : 07:14pm
I'll think you'll be ok for a few hours if you plan ahead... Imagine a winter storm with trees down again that takes the power out for days. At least this you can see coming and prepare for.

SCM ALERT🚨
Oct 18 : 07:11pm
Boots, do you have a generator?

BootsNBridles
Oct 18 : 06:49pm
being prepared for those other things is not the same as cutting power if you have a well and livestock to water!!

Quakes🦊
Oct 18 : 06:24pm
Magnitude 3.3 near Garnet at 5:56

Benny ⭐
Oct 18 : 06:23pm
Yeah it's the same as earlier this past week Boots, they may or may not based on winds. As furry mentioned, there may not necessarily be a threat in our area, but the lines feeding us could be cut. As we all know, we don't typically experience the strong santa ana winds, usually just cooler and breezy.

Much as we talked about last weekend, be prepared none the less... as we always are already for fires, earthquakes, winter storms etc.

furrymurry8114
Oct 18 : 06:21pm
Boots, my understanding is the circuits, when they shut them down, extend across vast distances and areas so while there may not be high winds in our areas, we may be on a circuit where high winds are expected and thus we all lose power as a result. In other words, it’s not just the local grid which gets shut down, they have to do it on a larger scale. I maybe completely misinformed and spewing inaccurate [censored], but that is what was communicated to me by someone who works with the FD and OES. Someone else with more direct knowledge is welcome to chime in and clarify, cleanup, or otherwise improve my remarks.

BootsNBridles
Oct 18 : 06:09pm
WHAT? Why are they shutting power here? Have we EVER, and I mean ever, had a fire start here from high winds? I can't recall one. Anyone else remember further back then the mid 60's?

SCM ALERT🚨
Oct 18 : 04:05pm
[CHP DISPATCH] BIG BEAR - ACCIDENT FIRE ENROUTE 5672 HIGHWAY 18 S SBD 56.70 4:04PM [18] MESSAGE DELIVERED SBSO
4:03PM [14] [ROTATION REQUEST COMMENT] MESSAGE DELIVERED A PERFORMANCE TOW 909 878 0655
4:02PM [11] 32 F/ SR18/GLORY RIDGE / REQUEST TOW TRUCK
4:01PM [8] ADVISE TOYOTA CAMRY WAS PASSING VEHICLES IN OPPOSITE LANES PRIOR TO TC
4:01PM [7] MESSAGE DELIVERED SBCOMM
4:00PM [6] BLOCKING DOWNBOUND LANES
4:00PM [3] HEAD ON TC Updates: [Click Here]

doo·hick·ey
Oct 18 : 02:39pm
What's with KBHR's infatuation w/Phil Collins?
granted I like the new 'redub' by another artist.

SCM ALERT🚨
Oct 18 : 01:35pm
@MtnBorn, I heard them cancelling a lot of units that were headed to that smoke check (but didn't hear exactly what/why). I believe all is good!

MtnBorn
Oct 18 : 01:01pm
Any follow-up on the 12:25pm smoke check off Amador? I'm at work and I can't see that direction.

(C)2002-2018 Socalmountains.com
All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy Terms of Service
Contact Us

{THEMEDISCLAIMER}